Not to mention the additional fees that are associated with a probate:
- Petition filing fees – $465 per petition. There is a petition to both open and close a probate case.
- Publication fee – usually between $200 and $1000
- Bond fee – ranges greatly because it depends on the size of the estate and the estate representative’s authority over the estate assets; anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars
- Probate Referee fee (estate appraisal) – 0.1% of the total value of the gross probate estate
- Representative compensation – the executor/administrator is entitled to the same compensation as the attorney. This means that if the attorney is entitled to $8,000 in fees, then the executor/administrator would also be entitled to $8,000
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to recieve a free and confidential intial consultation.